Frequently asked questions
What is Transdev Link?
Transdev Link is a ‘point-to-hub’ On Demand Transport solution operating in the Sutherland Shire.
It is a fast and direct way to connect you to one of 21 designated hubs, for between $2.60-$4.30 per single trip ($1.30-$2.15 for concessions).
You can be picked up and dropped off at any address, public transport hub or shopping centre within the On Demand zones.
Transdev Link is available Monday to Friday 6am to 8pm and 10am to 4pm on weekend.
It’s easy to book using the Transdev Link app, Transdev Link website www.transdevlink.com.au or by calling our Customer Care Centre Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 1800 TDLINK (1800 835 465).
Transdev Link is an On Demand Transport Trial part of the NSW Government’s On Demand Transport Pilot Program.
What are Transdev Link services operating hours?
Transdev Link services operate at the following times:
Monday to Friday - 6am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday - 10am to 4pm
Public Holidays - No service
What areas are serviced by Transdev Link?
Transdev Link operates On Demand Transport services in the Sutherland Shire in a dedicated On Demand zone.
The On Demand Transport zone area includes: Bonnet Bay, Burraneer, Caringbah, Como, Cronulla, Dolans Bay, Gymea, Gymea Bay, Lilli Pilli, Jannali, Kangaroo Point, Kareela, Kirrawee, Miranda, Port Hacking, Sylvania, Sylvania Waters, Taren Point, Sutherland and Woolooware, Yowie Bay.
Where I live is not served by Transdev Link. What can I do?
- If you do not live in the On Demand zone, we advise you make personal travel arrangements to reach the On Demand zone or use existing public transport services.
- If you have any enquiries or would like to provide feedback on the On Demand zone, you can contact us via phone by calling 131 500 or by completing the feedback form at transportnsw.info
How do I book my Transdev Link trip?
You have three options for booking.
Booking is also available through the Transdev Link website: click here.
Don’t have a smartphone? Not a problem, you can book a ride via calling our Contact Centre on 1800 TDLINK (1800 835 465).
Can I request a trip with multiple stops?
No. Transdev Link is a ‘point-to-hub’ On Demand Transport solution that will transport you from a point A to a designated hub.
As you will be travelling with up to 10 other customers, your vehicle will make various stops during the trip. Should you decide to alight the On Demand vehicle at one of these stops instead of the one you have booked, you should advise the driver accordingly and your journey will be considered as completed.
When should I book my Transdev Link trip?
You can book a trip with Transdev Link from one week to the next available trip. The earlier you make your booking, the better guarantee you have of finding a seat available.
We recommend you book your trip minimum one hour in advance.
What if there is no vehicle available for the time I want to travel?
The Transdev Link app, website or our Contact Centre agent will suggest earlier and later time options for you to travel.
How many seats can I book per trip?
You can book up to eight seats per trip.
Will I receive a booking confirmation?
Yes. You will receive a booking confirmation with an estimated 20 minute pick up timeslot and drop off time at your chosen destination on the actual day of travel.
Will I get a receipt at the end of my trip?
Yes. If you book online or through our app, you will automatically receive your receipt by email. If you book through our Customer Contact Centre and have provided our Customer Contact Centre agent with your email address, you will also receive your receipt to this address. Even if you choose to pay by cash to our driver, you will still be emailed a receipt on completion of your trip.
How can I be sure I'm being picked up by the correct vehicle?
When you receive your trip confirmation, you will be informed of your trips vehicle registration plate number and your driver’s name. When you board the Transdev Link vehicle, our driver will also verify and ensure that your booking details correspond to their driving route and scheduled stops.
How can I cancel a trip? Is it free?
You can cancel your trip through the Transdev Link app, Transdev Link website or Customer Contact Centre. If is free to cancel your trip:
- Within the first two minutes after booking
- More than two hours before your earliest pick up time
- After the latest pick up time
- When the expected drop off time is more than five minutes after the latest drop off time
- When you do not have an assigned or planned driver.
If a driver reports a customer no show, this will result in a free cancellation of the trip, if the no show is reported:
- After the latest pick up time
- When the expected drop off time is more than five minutes after the latest drop off time.
If your cancellation does not fulfil those conditions, then you will be required to pay 70% of your fare. If you repeatedly cancel your trip without notifying us in advance, you may not be able to book On Demand trips in the future.
How much does Transdev Link cost?
Transdev Link uses a distance based pricing system to calculate fares.
Zone single trip
Up to 3km - Adult $2.60 / Concession $1.30
Over 3km - Adult $4.30 / Concession $2.15
Concession card holders: includes concession pensioners, seniors, students, and apprentices. Note: Driver may ask to view proof of concession entitlement upon pick up.
How do I pay for my trip?
You will be able to pay securely:
- By credit card within the Transdev Link app
- By credit card on the Transdev Link website when booking your trip
- By credit card to our friendly Contact Centre staff when booking your trip
- By cash to the driver (maximum $50 note).
Please note at this stage you will not be able to pay with your Opal Card on Transdev Link services.
When you book your trip, Transdev secures payment for the trip with a “hold” on the amount of your trip ($2.60 per customer). This will not be charged to your account until you have completed your trip with us as well as a hold of a credit card verification amount of $1.00. Approximately three to five days after these holds are placed on the credit card account they are released dependent on your financial services provider.
What do the vehicles look like?
What are the safety features of Transdev Link vehicles?
As well as having all the basics you would expect (airbags, seatbelts, ABS, electronic break, traction control), all of our vehicles come with CCTV, illuminated exits, reverse camera and emergency exit hammers. All vehicles are also fitted with fire extinguishers.
Are the vehicles accessible for people with specific mobility needs?
Transdev Link has Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant vehicles available within the fleet:
- The Mercedes Sprinter vehicles are equipped with driver assisted electronic lifts to enable you and your wheelchair to travel safe.
- Allow approved assistance animal travel such as guide dogs and hearing dogs.
If you need special assistance, we ask that you notify us when booking your trip.
How many people can be travelling at the same time in the same vehicle?
Vehicles seat a maximum of 11 customers. We have two types of vehicles travelling in the Sutherland Shire:
- The smaller vehicles can carry up to seven rear customers, one customer in wheelchair and one customer in the passenger front seat.
- Our bigger vehicles can carry up to 10 rear customers and one customer in wheelchair.
What are the children travel rules applicable for Transdev Link?
The following rules apply to children travel and bookings:
- Children under the age of seven years old cannot travel on Transdev Link services
- Children under 12 years old cannot travel unaccompanied (without an adult) on the Transdev Link services
- Bookings can only be made by customers who are 16 years old and older.
How can rate my trip once completed?
After completing a trip, you will be prompted to submit a ride rating (one to five stars) as well as providing us with general feedback about your trip.
How can I provide feedback on my trip?
What do I do if I left something on board a vehicle?
Online feedback form: transportnsw.info
Phone: 131 500
Customer Trouble Shooting
What are my duties as a Transdev Link customer?
Customers are asked to:
- Have a valid and confirmed booking prior to boarding the vehicle
- Fasten their seatbelts whilst on board the vehicle
- Remain seated until the vehicle has stopped
- Refrain from speaking to our drivers whilst they are driving.
- Soil or damage the vehicle
- Smoke in the vehicle
- Behave in an offensive manner or use any offensive language towards other customers and our driver
- Intentionally interfere with the comfort or safety of other persons or the vehicle
- Tip Transdev Link drivers
- Eat or drink on board the vehicle.
Can I travel with animals?
We welcome assistance animals on board Transdev Link vehicles. Unfortunately pets and other animals are not allowed.
Can I travel on Transdev Link vehicles with luggage?
We can carry up to two pieces of carry-on sized luggage per customer. Please let us know if you have luggage at the time of booking.
Can I travel on Transdev Link vehicles with large items?
For safety reasons, we cannot permit customer travel on board Transdev Link vehicles with oversized items such as bikes, surfboards, large sporting equipment etc.